Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Win Free Zoo Tickets Here!!!

To celebrate the end of the school year and how wild we are here at WMS about reading we're giving away two free tickets to the Nashville Zoo (a $28 value).

You want to win, don't you? Excellent! Here's what you do.

At the bottom of this post you will see the word comments written beside the time of 8:23 a.m. Just click on that word and a sidebar will open up. In this side bar tell me, using a complete sentence, what your favorite book is. This could be a book you read this year or one you read years ago. Your complete sentence should look something like...

My favorite book is The Tale of Despereaux.
or
I love the book Tangerine!
or
The best book ever has to be Hatchet!
Don't forget to sign your comment. Just click on the name/URL circle and then you can add your name.
Some basic rules:
1. You must post your first and last name.
2. You may only enter once.
3. To be eligible you must comment before 10:00 p.m. June 4, 2010
4. This contest is open to students and staffulty of Westmoreland Middle School.
A winner will be chosen at random and contacted within a few days.
*
*
*
GOOD LUCK!
*
*
*

16 comments:

Tyla Creasy said...

I have several, but a more recent favorite has been the Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo (I love all her stuff). Another book that was a favorite to read to my daughter was The Story of Ferdinand by Munro Leaf. I bet I read it to her a thousand times when she was small.

Can't wait to hear your favorites...

Anonymous said...

My favorite book is Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell. I am always amazed at how Scarlett wastes some of the best years of her life on a man who doesn't really love her. She lets Rhett slip through her fingers.

Anonymous said...

Tyla,
I forgot to leave my name with Gone Gone With The Wind. :)

Melinda

bridget shaw said...

i love reading the Harry Potter books they are by far my favorite.

adrianne anderson said...

I loved reading the Percy Jakcson series,they were great!

Rhonda Custer said...

I love the book Drowning Ruth by Christina Schwarz. A friend gave me the book and I loved it! It was chosen as a selection to Oprah's Book Club.

Mrs. Donielle Walker said...

I really enjoy the books by Anne Rice, she is the original "vampire novelist"! My favorite is probably The Witching Hour. That being said though....I am in LOVE with the Twilight series by Stephanie Myers :)
Go TEAM EDWARD!!!!

Anonymous said...

My favorite book is Cobb. It is the biography of Ty Cobb. He was a great baseball player. He was extremely gifted athletically, intellectually, and financially. He was also a very disturbed person who was hated by most people. He was an interesting person to me.
Chris Walker

Unknown said...

I love Pink and Say by Patricia Polacco. I think every child should read it at least once.

B. Schmittou said...

I really enjoyed the first two books of the Inkheart triogy written by Cornelia Funke. I plan to find some quiet time this summer to read the third book, Inkdeath. I love the way these books transport me to another world. They are GREAT!

Sierra Whiticker said...

My favorite book is Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Myers.I love the whole series but this one is my favorite.

April Birdwell said...

My favorite book is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I love the whole series.

Anonymous said...

i love the book new moon-taylor binion

Presley Birdwell said...

My favorite book is All Shook Up.

John Creasy said...

I like most any book written by David McCullough. He is the Pulitzer Prize winning author of such books as Truman, 1776, John Adams, and The Johnstown Flood. His books have been turned into miniseries and he has narrated many television shows. I was lucky enough to have met him last March!

Alexis Hodge said...

I'm goona have to say my favorite book is IT. By Stephen King.
_Alexis Hodge.